Welcome to the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware news page.
You care about women’s rights, reproductive and social justice, and equal access legislation that impacts your state and your community. You also take voting seriously, and educate yourself on local issues and voting records before making a decision about where to cast your valuable vote.
You’ve come to the right place.
What Will I Find Here?
You’ll find information about the issues important to you.
We give you the latest local news about reproductive rights and the equal access to health care for women, men, and the LGBTQ community. We bring you timely updates on local and national political action initiatives and their impact in Delaware. We present the policy statements and voting records of Delaware’s congressional delegates. We summarize the current political environment and what is at stake.
What is the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware?
The Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware is the non-partisan political arm of Planned Parenthood of Delaware. Our goal is to educate the citizens of Delaware about the views of elected officials and candidates for office; elect supporters of reproductive rights to office, and to promote legislation that furthers the Planned Parenthood Public Policy Agenda.
- Equal Access to All Forms of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care – Regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income, religion, age, citizenship, geographic location or physical challenges.
- Equal Access to Comprehensive, Age-appropriate, Research-based Sex Education – Including encouragement of a healthy dialogue between parents/caregivers and young people.
- Equal Treatment with Dignity and Respect – It is the obligation of medical providers, including doctors and pharmacists, to provide the most comprehensive medical information available and respect patient confidentiality.
Issues and News
- Attend the Senate Committee Hearing on Senate Bill 5. - Attend the Senate committee hearing on codifying US Supreme Court precedent on 5/03/17 at 2:30pm. Be seen and be […]
- She Decides Delaware - Planned Parenthood has joined She Decides Delaware – a coalition of diverse organizations and individuals working to protect the […]
- This is Why HB40 is a Big Deal by Kristen Schorsch - On April 25, House Bill 40 passed in the Illinois House of Representatives with a vote of 62-55, but […]
- It’s Science: 5 Facts You Need to Know About Abortion by Liz Galst - In light of the recent marches for science on Earth Day, Planned Parenthood Action Fund reflects on the importance […]
- Why Abortion is a Progressive Economic Issue by Bryce Covert - It’s true that abortion access, as well as contraception and other reproductive health needs, may not motivate the working-class […]