Welcome to the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware news page.You care about women’s rights, reproductive and social justice, and equal access legislation that impacts your state and your community. You also take voting seriously, and educate yourself on local issues and voting records before making a decision about where to cast your valuable vote.
You’ve come to the right place.
What Will I Find Here?
You’ll find information about the issues important to you.
We give you the latest local news about reproductive rights and the equal access to health care for women, men, and the LGBTQ community. We bring you timely updates on local and national political action initiatives and their impact in Delaware. We present the policy statements and voting records of Delaware’s congressional delegates. We summarize the current political environment and what is at stake.
What is the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware?
The Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware is the non-partisan political arm of Planned Parenthood of Delaware. Our goal is to educate the citizens of Delaware about the views of elected officials and candidates for office; elect supporters of reproductive rights to office, and to promote legislation that furthers the Planned Parenthood Public Policy Agenda.
- Equal Access to All Forms of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care – Regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income, religion, age, citizenship, geographic location or physical challenges.
- Equal Access to Comprehensive, Age-appropriate, Research-based Sex Education – Including encouragement of a healthy dialogue between parents/caregivers and young people.
- Equal Treatment with Dignity and Respect – It is the obligation of medical providers, including doctors and pharmacists, to provide the most comprehensive medical information available and respect patient confidentiality.
Issues and News
- Letter to Elected Officials from Women’s Action Group of Delaware - Dear Members of Delaware House & Senate, Governor Carney; and City of Wilmington Council: We, the members of Women’s Action Group of Delaware, are writing to enlist your support for an issue we find of great importance and have grave concerns for its future. Reproductive Health and Reproductive Choice are cornerstone issues that influence […]
- This Week’s Priority Reading - We are all being inundated by countless requests to “read this!” “look here!” so we’ve tried to make your life a little easier by picking the three top articles that you should make the time to read this week. (more…)
- URGENT! Stand with Planned Parenthood and contact Speaker Paul Ryan! - I Stand with Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is under attack like never before. The federal government is now in the hands of extremist lawmakers who have tried for years to shut down Planned Parenthood health centers and cut patients off from care. (more…)
- The Hyde Amendment - Before you read this, you might want to know why I am writing about the Hyde Amendment, and why you should read what I have to say. (more…)
- VP candidates and reproductive health - During the debate, the V.P. candidates shared very different positions on abortion and reproductive rights. (more…)