Welcome to the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware news page.You care about women’s rights, reproductive and social justice, and equal access legislation that impacts your state and your community. You also take voting seriously, and educate yourself on local issues and voting records before making a decision about where to cast your valuable vote.
You’ve come to the right place.
What Will I Find Here?
You’ll find information about the issues important to you.
We give you the latest local news about reproductive rights and the equal access to health care for women, men, and the LGBTQ community. We bring you timely updates on local and national political action initiatives and their impact in Delaware. We present the policy statements and voting records of Delaware’s congressional delegates. We summarize the current political environment and what is at stake.
What is the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware?
The Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware is the non-partisan political arm of Planned Parenthood of Delaware. Our goal is to educate the citizens of Delaware about the views of elected officials and candidates for office; elect supporters of reproductive rights to office, and to promote legislation that furthers the Planned Parenthood Public Policy Agenda.
- Equal Access to All Forms of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care – Regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income, religion, age, citizenship, geographic location or physical challenges.
- Equal Access to Comprehensive, Age-appropriate, Research-based Sex Education – Including encouragement of a healthy dialogue between parents/caregivers and young people.
- Equal Treatment with Dignity and Respect – It is the obligation of medical providers, including doctors and pharmacists, to provide the most comprehensive medical information available and respect patient confidentiality.
Issues and News
- TRAP Laws — What are they? - Some politicians and groups who oppose abortion have proposed TRAP laws.
- Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Delaware Public Policy Agenda - Equal Access - Equal Treatment